Sunday, February 15, 2009

simple and delicious cookbook

Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious is one of my favorite food magazinies, so I just had to buy the coordinating cookbook! Unfortunately I don't utilize the magazine (or book) to its fullest. For those of you who cook a meal every night of the week, Simple & Delicious is perfect! They offer week-by-week menu plans including five recipes and a shopping list (with both staples you should already have on hand and products you'll need to purchase for the week).

But alas, I am not a menu planner. My husband and I work opposite schedules so we only eat together a few nights a week (the others I serve leftovers or quick meals like soup or mac & cheese).



However, I still like the quick, simple recipes enough to make this a winner in my book! This week I plan to prepare Zesty Potato Soup (I've made this before, but it's been awhile), Pecan Coated Roughy (I don't often cook fish so I am looking forward to this one), Chicken with Mustard Gravy, and Mushroom Rice. I can't wait to get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment